Want thick, luscious hair growth? Take a pill.
When your hair products alone aren't enough to give you flowing locks worthy of Lady Godiva, popping a supplement can be the kick that gives your mane a glossy and thickening boost. The only the problem is, how the heck do you pick the best supplements for hair?
Fret not, we're here to help. We scoured the science for you to bring you the 3 top supplements that'll give you the mane you've always craved:
This is an oldie-but-goodie for hair. It's a B-vitamin complex that's sometimes called vitamin H. You know, to confuse you even more… Biotin is a multitasking godsend for hair. It:
- Helps produce keratin, which is essential for healthy hair
- Keeps hair soft and moisturized
- Prevents breakage
- Improves hair's elasticity
If your diet doesn't include plenty of spinach, peanuts, egg yolks, milk, walnuts and barley, this is the pill you'll want to pop to give your fragile hair some strength.
This is a little-known vitamin that belongs to the B (vitamin B, that is) family. You can find it in citrus fruits, beans and whole grain bread. Inositol is getting its 15 minutes of fame because a recent study has shown that balding men who took an extra dose of inositol every day experienced less hair falling out. You may want to share this one with your men, ladies…
Seafood, fish and shellfish aren't just delicious treats for the palate. They're also rich in hair-loving stuff such as:
- Protein: helps your body produce keratin, a key building block of hair
- Essential fatty acids: moisturize hair, preventing it from becoming dry and brittle
- Zinc: regulates the production of the hormones androgens (low levels are associated with hair loss and thinning)
- Niacin: aka vitamin B3, it prevents hair shedding
Plenty of studies show that, when taken orally for at least 3 months, it improves hair growth in women with thinning hair. So, if you're starting to lose yours, this is the one to get. Pronto!
P.S. You can also find keratin-boosting protein in our Pure Protein Treatment. Just in case.
Fragility, hair thinning… taking a supplement can solve many a haircare woe. Just be sure to consult with a doctor before popping that pill.